Publication Ethics & Publication Malpractice Statement
- The authors should submit their works as original articles. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal simultaneously is unacceptable. The journal is not interested in publishing translations of papers published elsewhere before.
- All authors mentioned in the paper shall have significantly contributed to the research.
- All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- The authors are obliged to provide complete information about the financial support of their research within the paper.
- In light of the anonymity of the peer review process, authors of individual texts shall agree on the fact that texts are not to contain any information that could directly point to the author of the text.
- The authors shall follow the formal standards of the papers (see Author Guidelines).
Peer Review Process
- All original manuscripts undergo a double-blind peer-review process. However, the editors reserve the right to “desk reject” articles submitted to Acta FF ZČU based on their low quality or the topic unsuitable for the journal.
- Each text (in these categories: article, discussion, review article) is refereed by at least two independent reviewers appointed by the editorial board based on their expertise in the field. In addition to the comprehensive evaluation of the text, the reviewers should choose one of the possible final suggestions: “accept”; “accept with minor revisions”; “resubmit after major revisions (new peer review needed)”; or “reject”.
- In case of substantial inconsistency between the two reviews, a third reviewer is invited to provide a review.
- Reviewed papers shall be kept confidential.
- The journal is committed to preventing any conflict of interest between the editorial board or the reviewers and the submitted paper.
- The editors and reviewers evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content (especially with respect to their contribution to the current state of knowledge) without regard to the authors’ political stances, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
- The editors are fully responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to Acta FF ZČU shall be published.
- If the author feels that any or all of the reviewers’ recommendations or editorial decisions made on the basis of those recommendations are invalid, the author may submit objections to the editors.
- The editors shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred.
- The editors accept responsibility for ensuring best practices for detecting any misconduct, including malpractice and plagiarism.
- If the journal’s editors detect any allegation of research misconduct, they shall deal with the allegations appropriately and any instances of misconduct shall be corrected in the form of a corrigendum.
- The editors are willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions
andapologies when needed.
- The publishers and editors shall follow the full and detailed definitions, corrective actions, and suitable penalties outlined on the Elsevier page on plagiarism and malpractice.
Copyright, Open-Access & Charges
- The journal does not have article processing or article submission charges.
- The author retains the copyright to the article. The author is encouraged to self-archive the article (via ResearchGate, Academia
orother databases) once published, with reference to the publication. After the contribution appears in the journal, the author is still free to publish it elsewhere with reference to the first publication.
- Acta FF ZČU is an open-access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user. According to the license (see below), users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful and non-commercial purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
- This journal is licensed under Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.